1. Association, AP. Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders. Arlington, VA: American Psychiatric Publishing, 2013.
2. Fombonne, E. Epidemiological controversies in autism. Swiss Arch Neurol Psychiatr Psychother 171, 2020. 10.4414/sanp.2020.03084.
3. Mohammad Reza Mohammadi, Nastaran Ahmadi, Ali Khaleghi, et al. Prevalence of Autism and its Comorbidities and the Relationship with Maternal Psychopathology: A National Population-Based Study. Arch Iran Med 22: 546-553-553, 2019.
4. Mosconi, MW, Mohanty, S, Greene, RK, Cook, EH, Vaillancourt, DE, Sweeney, JA. Feedforward and feedback motor control abnormalities implicate cerebellar dysfunctions in autism spectrum disorder. J. Neurosci. 35: 2015–2025, 2015. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI. 2731-14.2015.
5. Morris, SL, Foster, CJ, Parsons, R, Falkmer, M, Falkmer, T, Rosalie, SM. Differences in the use of vision and proprioception for postural control in autism spectrum disorder. Neuroscience 307: 273–280, 2015. 10.1016/j.neuroscience.2015.08.040.
6. Fournier, KA, Hass, CJ, Naik, SK, Lodha, N, Cauraugh, JH. Motor coordination in autism spectrum disorders: a synthesis and meta-analysis. J Autism Dev Disord 40: 1227–1240, 2010. 10.1007/s10803-010-0981-3.
7. Liu, T, Breslin, CM. Fine and gross motor performance of the MABC-2 by children with autism spectrum disorder and typically developing children. Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders 7: 1244–1249, 2013. 10.1016/j.rasd.2013.07.002.
8. Happé, F, Booth, R, Charlton, R, Hughes, C. Executive function deficits in autism spectrum disorders and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: examining profiles across domains and ages. Brain and Cognition 61: 25–39, 2006. 10.1016/j.bandc.2006.03.004.
9. Chan, AS, Cheung, M-c, Han, YMY, et al. Executive function deficits and neural discordance in children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Clin Neurophysiol 120: 1107–1115, 2009. 10.1016/j.clinph.2009.04.002.
10. Kenworthy, L, Case, L, Harms, MB, Martin, A, Wallace, GL. Adaptive Behavior Ratings Correlate With Symptomatology and IQ Among Individuals With High-Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorders. J Autism Dev Disord 40: 416–423, 2010. 10.1007/s10803-009-0911-4.
11. Dziuk, MA, Gidley Larson, JC, Apostu, A, Mahone, EM, Denckla, MB, Mostofsky, SH. Dyspraxia in autism: association with motor, social, and communicative deficits. Dev Med Child Neurol 49: 734–739, 2007. 10.1111/j.1469-8749.2007.00734.x.
12. Todd, T, Reid, G. Increasing Physical Activity in Individuals With Autism. Focus Autism Other Dev Disabl 21: 167–176, 2006. 10.1177/10883576060210030501.
13. Stins, JF, Emck, C. Balance Performance in Autism: A Brief Overview. Front. Psychol. 9: 901, 2018. 10.3389/fpsyg.2018.00901.
14. Bremer, E, Crozier, M, Lloyd, M. A systematic review of the behavioural outcomes following exercise interventions for children and youth with autism spectrum disorder. Autism 20: 899–915, 2016. 10.1177/1362361315616002.
15. SCHMITZ OLIN, S, MCFADDEN, BA, GOLEM, DL, et al. The Effects of Exercise Dose on Stereotypical Behavior in Children with Autism. Med Sci Sports Exerc 49: 983–990, 2017. 10.1249/mss.0000000000001197.
16. Sowa, M, Meulenbroek, R. Effects of physical exercise on Autism Spectrum Disorders: A meta-analysis. Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders 6: 46–57, 2012. 10.1016/j.rasd.2011.09.001.
17. Bahrami, F, Movahedi, A, Marandi, SM, Sorensen, C. The Effect of Karate Techniques Training on Communication Deficit of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. J Autism Dev Disord 46: 978–986, 2016. 10.1007/s10803-015-2643-y.
18. Pan, C-Y, Chu, C-H, Tsai, C-L, Sung, M-C, Huang, C-Y, Ma, W-Y. The impacts of physical activity intervention on physical and cognitive outcomes in children with autism spectrum disorder. Autism 21: 190–202, 2017. 10.1177/1362361316633562.
19. Treinamento Internacional Kangoo Jumps Fitness Instructor, 2010.
20. Rodrigo Franco de Oliveira, Priscila Daniele de Oliveira, Stheace Kelly Fernandes Szezerbaty, et al. Effect of running exercise with and without the use of equipment Kangoo Jumps, in postural control: a case study. 1: 1–5, 2014.
21. Sanglakh Goochan Atigh, A, Akbarfahimi, M, Alizadeh Zarei, M. The Effect of Movement Activities in Synchronization With Music on Motor Proficiency of Children With Autism. Journal of Advanced Medical Sciences and Applied Technologies 3: 61, 2017. 10.18869/nrip. jamsat.3.2.61.
22. Shi, Z-M, Lin, G-H, Xie, Q. Effects of music therapy on mood, language, behavior, and social skills in children with autism: A meta-analysis. Chinese Nursing Research 3: 137–141, 2016. 10.1016/j.cnre.2016.06.018.
23. Movahedi, A, Bahrami, F, Marandi, SM, Abedi, A. Improvement in social dysfunction of children with autism spectrum disorder following long term Kata techniques training. Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders 7: 1054–1061, 2013. 10.1016/j.rasd.2013.04.012.
24. Mateos-Moreno, D, Atencia-Doña, L. Effect of a combined dance/movement and music therapy on young adults diagnosed with severe autism. The Arts in Psychotherapy 40: 465–472, 2013. 10.1016/j.aip.2013.09.004.
25. Fong, CE, Jelas, ZM. Music education for children with autism in Malaysia. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 9: 70–75, 2010. 10.1016/j.sbspro.2010.12.117.
26. Bahrami, F, Movahedi, A, Marandi, SM, Abedi, A. Kata techniques training consistently decreases stereotypy in children with autism spectrum disorder. Research in Developmental Disabilities 33: 1183–1193, 2012. 10.1016/j.ridd.2012.01.018.
27. Montgomery, JM, Newton, B, Smith, C. Test Review: Gilliam, J. (2006). GARS-2: Gilliam Autism Rating Scale—Second Edition. Austin, TX: PRO-ED. Journal of Psychoeducational Assessment 26: 395–401, 2008. 10.1177/0734282908317116.
28. Fragala-Pinkham, M, Haley, SM, O'Neil, ME. Group aquatic aerobic exercise for children with disabilities. Dev Med Child Neurol 50: 822–827, 2008. 10.1111/j.1469-8749.2008. 03086.x.
29. Hammami, R, Granacher, U, Makhlouf, I, Behm, DG, Chaouachi, A. Sequencing Effects of Balance and Plyometric Training on Physical Performance in Youth Soccer Athletes. J Strength Cond Res 30: 3278–3289, 2016. 10.1519/JSC.0000000000001425.
30. Ketcheson, L, Hauck, J, Ulrich, D. The effects of an early motor skill intervention on motor skills, levels of physical activity, and socialization in young children with autism spectrum disorder: A pilot study. Autism 21: 481–492, 2017. 10.1177/1362361316650611.
31. Sotoodeh, MS, Arabameri, E, Panahibakhsh, M, Kheiroddin, F, Mirdoozandeh, H, Ghanizadeh, A. Effectiveness of yoga training program on the severity of autism. Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice 28: 47–53, 2017. 10.1016/j.ctcp.2017. 05.001.
32. Wong, HHL, Smith, RG. Patterns of complementary and alternative medical therapy use in children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders. J Autism Dev Disord 36: 901–909, 2006. 10.1007/s10803-006-0131-0.
33. Kim, Y, Todd, T, Fujii, T, Lim, J-C, Vrongistinos, K, Jung, T. Effects of Taekwondo intervention on balance in children with autism spectrum disorder. J Exerc Rehabil 12: 314–319, 2016. 10.12965/jer.1632634.317.
34. Memari, AH, Ghanouni, P, Gharibzadeh, S, Eghlidi, J, Ziaee, V, Moshayedi, P. Postural sway patterns in children with autism spectrum disorder compared with typically developing children. Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders 7: 325–332, 2013. 10.1016/j.rasd.2012.09.010.
35. Heitkamp, HC, Horstmann, T, Mayer, F, Weller, J, Dickhuth, HH. Gain in strength and muscular balance after balance training. International Journal of Sports Medicine 22: 285–290, 2001. 10.1055/s-2001-13819.
36. Yumi Kim*, Teri Todd, Takuto Fujii, Jae-Chun Lim, Konstantinos Vrongistinos, Taeyou Jung. Effects of Taekwondo intervention on balance in children with autism spectrum disorder: Journal of Exercise Rehabilitation, 2016.
37. Milica Duronjić1, HV. The influence of early intervention movement programs on motor skills development in preschoolers with autism spectrum disorder (case studies), 2010.
38. Ferguson, L. The effects of an adapted physical activity program on motor performance and behaviour of children with autism spectrum disorder. The effects of an adapted physical activity program on motor performance and behaviour of children with autism spectrum disorder,Stellenbosch University of Stellenbosch.
39. Levisohn, L, Cronin-Golomb, A, Schmahmann, JD. Neuropsychological consequences of cerebellar tumour resection in children: cerebellar cognitive affective syndrome in a paediatric population. Brain 123 (Pt 5): 1041–1050, 2000. 10.1093/brain/123.5.1041.
40. Qiu, A, Adler, M, Crocetti, D, Miller, MI, Mostofsky, SH. Basal ganglia shapes predict social, communication, and motor dysfunctions in boys with autism spectrum disorder. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 49: 539-51, 551.e1-4, 2010. 10.1016/j.jaac.2010.02. 012.
41. Pan, C-Y, Tsai, C-L, Chu, C-H. Fundamental movement skills in children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. J Autism Dev Disord 39: 1694–1705, 2009. 10.1007/s10803-009-0813-5.
42. Schmahmann, JD, Sherman, JC. The cerebellar cognitive affective syndrome. Brain 121 (Pt 4): 561–579, 1998. 10.1093/brain/121.4.561.
43. Parellada, M, Pina-Camacho, L, Moreno, C, et al. Insular pathology in young people with high-functioning autism and first-episode psychosis. Psychol. Med. 47: 2472–2482, 2017. 10.1017/s0033291717000988.