عنوان مقاله [English]
The purpose of this study is to investigate the effect of physical activity on
memory and dynamic balance of elder people. Subjects (n=15) were selected as
volunteers. The intervention was performed in an eighteen session period, three
times a week (each session, 45 minutes). Yoga training was performed for mental
relaxation. Wexler test was performed for memory evaluation. Seat up test was
used to test the dynamic balance. The results suggested that water-based exercises
and Yoga protocol have had a positive significant effect on memory (p=0.03) and
dynamic balance. It was concluded that a selected physical activity program,
especially water-based exercises has less potential for making people injured.
17. Potter,D;Keeling,D. (2005). "Effects of moderate exercise and circuit rhythmic on human memory"; Sport and Exercise Psychology, pp: 27, 117.
18. Powel, R. pohnford,R. (1971). "Comparisons of adult exerciser and non exerciser on fluid intelligence". research quarterly, PP: 42,70-77.
19. Shumway-cook, A., Woollacot, M. (2006). "Motor control, Theory and practical applications, Lippincot Williams & Wilkins, Maryland". USA, PP: 125-28.
20. Shama V.K, Das S, MonDal S, Goswami U and Gandhi A. (2006). "Effect of sahaj yoga on neuro-cognitive functions in patients suffering from major depression". Indian J pharmacol, 50, 4, PP: 375–383.
21. Weinberg, RS Gould, D. (1995). "Foundations of sport and exercise psychology". Human Kinetics, PP:70-77.
22. Young Mi Lim, Gwi-Ryung Son Hong. (2009). "Effect of 16-week Kouk-Sun-Do exercise on physical fitness, Emotional state, and immunoglobulin A in community-dwelling elders in Korea". A pilot study, Applied Nursing Research, PP: 91-100.